Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Milisecond Society

I consider myself an optimistic person. I always look at the bright side of things and I tend to reflect it off of people around me. Being an optimistic bloke, my personality often come off as being goofy and un-serious as I feel that being light hearted tends to diffuse a little of the everyday troubles of the people I meet. However, in the tech infested world we live in today, I am finding it harder to keep my optimism level in check day after day. It seems that everyone is rushing to somewhere with something urgent to do and the whole society has become a giant rat race of some kind. Technology is growing so fast and so sudden that the human psych if forced to evolve with it. The days of stopping and smelling the flowers has become obsolete. In order to cope with the current version of 'life', a higher specification upgrade is recommended. Preferably one with a tri-quadropple core technology and running on Life Vista operating system. And upon completion of the upgrade, one can work one's way up to the top of the management chain, meet one's dream girl, have a vacation in Bali, get retired, make love, have kids, and finally attend to one's erectile dysfunction all in 0.01 seconds. Yes, all this in less than a second after which the software will come to its EOF (End-of-Life) and subsequently a blue screen pops up with the letters D-E-A-T-H. At this point, the only thing to do would be to call the helpdesk line and after what seems like an eternity, the call gets patched through to a half-asleep indian bloke sitting behind a wooden desk in some hut half way across the world. In the next 0.01 seconds, the bugger would, speaking in a manner that seems he was possessed by a cow, listen to first word that you say then tries to sell you a subscription for Heaven or Hell, tell you that he needs to escalate the problem to a higher level support and finally comes back saying the version of Life vista that you were running on is no longer supported and hang up the phone.

Yes, we no longer live life. We zoom pass it. The word PATIENCE has been removed from the Webster dictionary and is now replaced with FASTERLAH-FUCKER. It's chaos. So much so that when I was happily traveling to my local gymnasium with a friend this night, a young lady in her 20s driving a white Proton Wira with what seemed like her whole family on board, decided to cross a junction on the road which we were commuting through. Now this lady must have had her upgrade done recently because she confidently placed her little white car in front of our path and thought she'd be home changing her tampon by the time our car had arrive at the junction. Well she would have but she forgot to installed COMMON SENSE 3.0 and because of oncoming traffic she had to apply the brakes and dully put herself stationary on the path of our route. Now at this time, the optimistic side of me took over. By running over her and her family, the world's population would be rid of another 5 souls. That's 5 less human potentially polluting the planet and 5 less human wastes to manage.
Heck, it would be a benefit as their bodies would most probably be buried and they'd serve well as fertilizers for future generation lalang grass. But all was not to be as the ABS kicked in and the Gen2 armoring the both of us manage to avoid splitting her Wira in two. She was in the middle of the road for 3 seconds, and in this millisecond society we are now accustomed to, it's akin having a blistered penis but still unable to orgasm. So then, we had almost killed 5 souls, we now have a car parked in front of us, and it's already 3.1 seconds and we are still not at the gym, pumped our irons, took out showers, ate our nasi lemaks, drove back home and masturbated. We figured we wont be for the next 0.02 seconds so I had to calm myself. I had to maintain my composure. I had to subdue my temper. I told myself to persevere. And because "Patience" was no longer an English word, I conveniently shouted out its replacement....."FASTERLAH-FUCKER".

2 comments:

jolcy said...

wow.. that's a long entry just to tell the story of a driver with no COMMON SENSE...Zzzz...

Mojo Mojito said...

It seems long but it's just 30 seconds worth of read. Will try to make future entries shorter lu.