Friday, August 3, 2007

Project CYOL

It's Friday and I have half a container of unfinished macaroni and cheese lying on my work desk. I am munching away on my packet of M&M's and I pretty satisfied with myself. This week, I made an effort to cook all my lunches. All 5 days of home made, low fat, high protein and most importantly cost saving mid day meals. That was the mission. And I had to accomplish it without burning, breaking or blowing up my kitchen. The result? My kitchen's still pretty much intact. Haha. I had earlier shopped for the week's supply which cost my a little over RM100. This was ok, since most of the items can last beyond a week I figured that'd save some cost in the long run. The shopping part was tiring, being harassed by loan sharks and all. The cooking was fun but the cleaning part was tedious. So was it worth the effort to make my own lunches? Apart from late night preparations and early morning Saturday shopping trips, yes it was. But I will state that it's not the most cost saving but it's definitely healthy. Cost saving would be going to the nearby stall and eating the same few dishes of chap fan and suet cha everyday. That cost roughly less than rm5 at my place. But everyday of the same thing's sickening. Bringing your own food cost a little more in terms of effort and money but it's satisfying to eat your own home cooked meals. And it's a plus point when you're explaining what gravy you used to make that mac and cheese super tasty to the resident office hottie. :P

Ham and cheese sandwich


Beef pita


Maceroni and cheese with chicken


*CYOL = cook your own lunch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah seh!!..can't imagine it was home cooked by our mr.mojo..wooo...dun play play orr..mr.mojo can cook ka! em sik dak do tai dak la..!! ;p

Anonymous said...

wah...how come looks so sook geh...the style.....erm...tot..i'm the only 1 will cook n bring lunch to off........wah ahahahah..mojojojoojojo