Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend High n Low

Friday night. I'm fresh outta shower and slumping lazily on the couch with only my jeans on. Astro was switched to channel 85 which was broadcasting the live telecast of the World Badminton Championship at Bukit Jalil. Koo Kean Keat and Tan Boon Heong (I think), our local badminton heroes was pitched against a pair from Japan. Havent heard of them, but damn those japanese were lightning quick. In the middle of all the smashes and blocks, I picked up my phone and set away a electonic telegraph bearing the words "Are you at flame yet?". Our local racquet bearing crusaders were fighting with all their might against the japanese but inspite of an plausible effort, the result was a let down. The young malaysian pair lost by a hairline margin. I had earlier fore casted that the outcome would be of a similar scene. Having to bear a nation's expectation at the age of 21 and be solely responsible for the entire nation's disappointment and to know it was cause by making a few stupid mistakes in succession; they are sure to face the music in the sports section of tomorrow's papers. But I still respected them. And in some ways I pitied them.

As I watched two disgraced youngsters walk off the court with their tails between their legs, my phone complained of an incoming sms. 'Changed venue. we go qbar'. I pressed on the keypad frantically and with a humorous comment replied 'Kambing now' (means coming now:P).
45 minutes later, I was sitting at an outdoor table outside Q bar with my associate YT and 2 of his clients, a japanese and a thai. Having downed a few glasses of JD, all of us were getting abit high. I was glued with a conversation with Nagasawa-san, both of us exchanging experiences on racing cars and seems as though we understood each other although I didn't know what he was talking about half the time. Just as we downed the God-knows-how-many round of 'Cheers!' , my phone again complained of an incoming sms. 'Coming?'. Again I frantically pressed on the keypad and replied with a 'Yeah. Will be there in a sec'.

1am. In the midst of an empty JD bottle, a drunk jap and a high thai, we decided to call it night. Hmm....at least they decided to call it a night. I have to go for a second round. Drove back to taman desa, picked up jo and off we went back down to KL. We found a parking right outside zouk and squeezed my mom's kelisa into it. I called Jane. "Oi, tai siu che, we're here". "We san ben chor lar. Lei kom chii". My heart sank upon hearing the reply. As though it was not bad enough being late, jane had to add salt to the wound by ending with a sarcastic "Lei geh second hor, chan hai tuen wor". I could only muster out a jokingly said "Soli soli". After the usual after-clubbing-yum-cha ceremony, we headed our separate way. The jane-gang back to their caves and me and jo back to our hideouts.

UUuuuu...Sexy Back!!!

3am. Zipping along Seremban highway in my mom's kelisa, I, because of the all the forces of nature undiscovered by mankind, suddenly uttered "Let's go KLIA eat Burger King". Now why I suggested something like this at the time is still incomprehensible even to myself. This is right up there with the Bermuda Triangle phenomenon. A couple of tolls and what felt like a 1000 kms later, we were sitting at Burger Kings, munching of chicken fingers that tasted like a dinosaur meat with pepper, sipping on coffee that I swear looks and tastes like raw petroleum. What's more the King's delicacies were served to us by un-humorous zombie like creatures standing behind the cashier. Gee! 4.30am at the airport sure is quiet....and cold. I wonder where all the ppl are? DUH!!. Looking at the departure board, with all destinations flickering on and off, I thought, wouldn't it be great it I could purchase a ticket there and then and just fly off to where ever I wanna go. So after our expedition around KLIA and 'savoring' zombie food, we start our 2 tolls and 1000km route home. Ahh.. home sweet home....bed warm bed. ZZZzzzzz..

Mauritius? No idea where's that but sounds beautiful...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mojojojojo.....hiekkkkk........the bad n noti monkey wit big brain..wahahhaha.......wel wel wel, mauritius is an island....with beautiful and nice white sand beach...corals.....and of coz.....sexy n pretty babes with bikini or maybe naked lying on the soft sands beach......ahahah..mojojojojojo.........heiiakkkkkk....ahahhahahha